Saturday, April 14, 2007

Camera Obscura and Slow Irony

Morning children,

Did you know the word 'camera' comes from the Greek word 'kamara' which means 'chamber' or more plainly 'room'. 'Tis the the little room in which we enter to see the world through undying eyes--hidden, cold, and upside down. No worry however, a little mirror sets everything right. The mirror is the door out of the dark chamber and back into the world.

And a little irony: After my last rant on the excess of clapping one's hands, last night I attended the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah show at the Metropolis in Montreal. While I wanted to do a review, I realized it would be pointless without pictures, So I borrowed my sister's girly little digital Elph and set to it. Unfortunately, my computer does not have the necessary IN for the camera's memory OUT. The metaphor is sadly universal for me, same form, different content.

But hold on to your mother's hips and I shall get the goods up soon. Less Words, More Pictures. I give you my solemn vow (but please take good care of it).

À bientôt


Tully

2 comments:

अजित वडनेरकर said...

very good post
ajit
india

Anonymous said...

People should read this.